This page is to go over more details then the basics covered on the Cycle Boat page on our website. Our only goal is to make sure your group has as much fun as possible and can’t wait to come on another tour. This stuff covers pre tour, during the tour and post tour.
- forward the confirmation email to everyone coming so you do not have to say everything over and over and no one can say “you didnt tell me this or that” Its just they did not read what you sent them
- let everyone know to park as close to Bill Grays as possible since this is where your tour begins and ends at. That is where the bathrooms are as well
- assign people to bring different dishes so you do not end up with 7 bags of chips
- don’t forget to bring the masks for when you have to use the bathroom inside as well as water and sunscreen
- dont forget it is 10 degrees colder by the lake then in the city, so potentially bring a hoodie
- make sure everyone empties the tank at the bathroom before going on the boat.
- as everyone is meeting up and going to the bathroom make sure everyone signs the waiver. Everyone has to put their cell phone number, this has nothing to do with marketing but for contact tracing in the event the health department had to get ahold of everyone
- don’t forget to make a sign on posterboard to use during your tour. take a look at the blog entries about decorating and signs/li>
- your tour will begin and end along the riverside of the port complex by Bill Grays. This is not the area towards Lake Ave where you may have seen our boat tied up at night or when we dont have tours.
- have everyone tell you their favorite song and put them on a playlist for people to guess whose favorite song it was
- make sure people in your group do not open alcoholic beverages beforehand because the cops ride around on bicycles all the time and will write you an open container citation.
- when everyone is paying you back for the tour before hand, collect the tip money for the crew then.
During The Tour-
- play trivia, karaoke or heads up on your phone. Bring a prize from the dollar store for the winners
- take lots of photos. your first mate will take a bunch of group photos but be sure to take more photos amongst yourselves
- we provide garbage and recycling so please dispose of your waste in the correct bag
- dont be a music critic and criticize the DJs playlist…. unless it is really really bad
- wave to everyone you pass on boats or at the restaurant/bars on the water
- make a reservation before your tour so that you do not have to wait and to make sure they will be able to accomodate a group of your size.
- dont drive home drunk, you can leave your cars in the parking lot overnight
- dont forget to tip the crew, sometimes things get chaotic at the end
- even if you have to go to the bathroom really bad wait the 2 minutes for the end of tour photos. those are the best photos and there is nothing worse then a great group photo where you are not in it.
We are interested in booking a boat tour for my Dad’s birthday on May 31st.
Are you open the weekend before (Saturday 28 or Sunday 29)?
The boat goes in the water the first week of may